At MATTER, PURE’s un-conference brought to you by Tourism Australia and hosted at The Source, you are the content. Got a burning issue you’re dying to talk about? It’s your lucky day: DISCUSS is a programme of user-generated group discussions – the perfect place to ask questions, have your say, and riff off all the mavericks in the room!
WHY LEAD A DISCUSS?
1. PICK A TOPIC, ANY TOPIC: You get to DISCUSS any subject you’re passionate about (based on the theme of ‘overcoming the challenges of experiential travel’), put your opinions out there and get input from your industry peers. You never know: you might find a new ally, or even a business partner.
2. SOAK UP THE TALENT: It’s the ideal opportunity to put the PURE community to work! With all that insight and expertise in the room(/around the pool), where better to develop your idea and garner support?
3. PUT YOURSELF OUT THERE: Advertising your DISCUSS on the board at MATTER and hosting up to 40 people in your session is a pretty neat way to get exposure on the first day of PURE. (Just don’t give us a sales pitch, yeah?)
HOW DOES A DISCUSS WORK?
1. BE THE EARLY BIRD: It’s first-come-first-served, so arrive at MATTER at 2.30pm sharp on Sunday 10 September and you’ll be far more likely to get your hands on a DISCUSS spot. There are only 15 sessions available, so hurry!
2. GET CREATIVE: If you want to pull in the crowds, think carefully about how you sell your topic. Keep it short (definitely no longer than a tweet), sharp and interesting! Remember: doodled drawings or diagrams are never a bad thing…
3. KNOW WHEN TO BE QUIET: DISCUSS is a collaborative effort, so introduce your topic for no more than five minutes, then open it up to the floor to discuss, debate and challenge. (Top tip: preparing some questions or talking points might help to get the conversation flowing.)
Check out the MATTER page to get the lowdown on PURE’s un-conference.
MATTER BROUGHT TO YOU BY